Thursday, September 15, 2011

Arizona soldiers come home after year at Guantanamo Bay | azfamily.com Phoenix















Arizona soldiers come home after year at Guantanamo Bay | azfamily.com Phoenix: "A group of Arizona soldiers who served at one of the most controversial prisons in the world are back home after a year deployment.

The 336th Support Battalion is based out of Buckeye and worked as engineers, legal staff and more during the deployment.

The Army held a “Welcome Home” ceremony for all 37 service members of the battalion and their families Thursday night, many of whom live in the Phoenix area.

The event hoped to honor both the sacrifices made by those serving and those holding down the home front in their absence.

"It was wonderful," said Army Reservist Justus Rallis. "It's been a while since I've been home. It's been a long time since I've seen my grandpa, I missed his 80th birthday about a month ago so I'm glad I got to come home and see him!""

'via Blog this'

No comments:

Post a Comment